P is for . . . Physical Education!
Check out the link below and see Mrs. Pruitt in action!
The physical education department welcomes you and your child. Your active participation in the physical education program is encouraged.
Special activities include:
- Fall & spring assessment with FitnessGram for Grades 1-5
- Jump Rope for Heart
- Family Hoedown
- Field Day
- Always show sportsmanship during activities.
- Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
- Respect the personal space of others.
- Equipment and the stage will be used with permission only.
- Use equipment with care.
- Show respect to others when they are speaking.
- Safety always comes first in all activities.
- Always do your best!
Guidelines to be excused from Physical Education:
- A signed note from the parent or guardian must be sent to the teacher explaining the nature of the illness or injury. The note should indicate whether the child should be completely exempt or allowed limited participation.
- Exemptions of more than three consecutive days will require a doctor's written excuse.
- Please notify the teacher of any physical disability or condition that would affect your child's performance during periods of physical exertion.
Tips for Physical Education:
- Dress appropriately for physical activity.
- Wear appropriate shoes to move in.
- Always do your best.
- Be a good sport.